Not sure if your membership has expired? E-mail email@example.com
Representing a membership of over 140 members (80% artists, 20% arts administrators, educators, curators, art related participants), Gallery 101 fosters global connections and relevancy to our local and national Canadian experience. We work to assert the strength and impact of contemporary art and its roles in addressing and providing different perspectives about critical matters that affect our lives.
We are part of a broad artistic community formed by local, regional, national and international artists from diverse backgrounds and practices. Through this vast connection, we provide local artists a framework to contextualize their work in broader terms. Our programming also engages with aboriginal, francophone and diverse cultural communities from across Canada. We also extend services to conduct school tours, student internships and curatorial residencies. Overall, we provide an intimate and direct way to experience and engage in contemporary visual arts and its dialogues by focusing on social and cultural issues of importance. Gallery 101 raises the profile of local, regional and international artists by providing a platform for the development of their careers and professional recognition.
Annual Membership Rates:
- Individual: $20
- Community (for students or those with financial barriers): $15
- Cohabitation membership: $35 for 2 people living at the same address (Both names will appear on one card)
- Exhibitions, Workshops, Roundtables, Artist talks, Performances, Openings, Off-site programming, Readings, Music events, Parties, Book and Web site launches
- Professional development opportunities and services to artists, curators, writers and critics. Commitment to artists and their work is our first priority.
- 10 % discount on Gallery 101 publications
- 10% discount at Wallacks in store and online (Wallacks-G101 discount details)
- Receive a free drink at openings (when applicable) and other special events with the presentation of your membership card
- E-mailed invitations to openings and special programs and events
- Voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting
- Membership card is NON-TRANSFERABLE
- Memberships do not automatically renew. Expiry dates and renewals are the responsibility of the member. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to check your membership status
- A $10 charge will be issued for the replacement of lost cards
- Gallery 101 also accepts donations and will issue tax receipts for amounts over $25. Become a G101 Donor.
Registered Charity #11879 0658 RR0001.
Gallery 101 is supported by its members and patrons, the City of Ottawa, Ontario Arts Council and Canada Council for the Arts.